Getting Here Planning Your Trip

Transportation Getting to Williams Lake


When flying from out of country, it is best to fly to the Vancouver (YVR) or Kelowna (YLW) airport. Some airlines offer connecting flights to Williams Lake. You can fly in and out of Williams Lake on Pacific Coastal Airlines or Central Mountain Air.

Vehicle Rentals

National Car Rental 1.250.392.2976

Bus Service

Adventure Charters offers inter-provincial bus service from Williams Lake to Prince George and Kamloops with connections to the Lower Mainland.

Accommodation Where to Stay

There are a variety of accommodations available in Williams Lake including campgrounds, hotels, motels, B&B’s and Airbnb’s. | |


Our preferred motel provider is Lakeside Motel - 250-392-4181.


There are plenty of forestry campgrounds in the area with the nearest being Tyee Lake (east of the City). While it has no services, it is very inexpensive at approximately $12 per night (cash only). This includes a picnic table, fire pit, and outhouses on beautiful Tyee Lake and is about 10-15 min drive north of log yard. This is also a nice area to visit on the weekends.

Local Campsites

Wildwood Campsite

RV sites $210 per week or $700 per month. They offer wifi, laundry, showers and full hookups. It is located 12 km North of Williams Lake in the community of Wildwood approximately 1/2 way between the log yard and Williams Lake.

Williams Lake Stampede Campground

$186 per week (pay for 6 nights and get the 7th night free). This is a full-service campground with laundry / showers, high speed internet and hookups. The cost is $20 per night for tents and $31 for 30amp full service or $37 for 50amp full service located at stampede grounds in the centre of Williams Lake, just 30 minutes from the log yard.

McLeese Lake Resort

This small campground and motel are 15 minutes north of the log yard on highway 97 on McLeese Lake.

Be Safe Medical & Travel Insurance

International students are not covered by Canadian medical programs and must supply their own personal medical insurance while attending classes at the unBEATable School of Log Construction.

Out of province students should check with their provincial health insurance plan to ensure that their health insurance will cover them while they are attending classes at the unBEATable School of Log Construction and if not, they must supply their own personal medical insurance while attending the School.

Travel insurance is suggested for all students travelling by air to attend classes.

International Students

International students that are interested in attending a course at unBEATable School of Log Construction are advised to apply for the correct authorization from the correct Canada Immigration Department. Normally a study permit is not required for a student attending a course or program that is less than 6 months in length.

For details and the requirements please see:

Please note that no work is authorized in the above cases.

Please be informed that visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For detailed information regarding the eTA and the requirements for visa-exempt nationals please consult the following website:

In the case of visa nationals, please refer to the following website regarding visitor visas:

unBEATable School of Log Construction will send a receipt for course fees paid and letter of confirmation to the student once the registration and all course fees have been received. It is recommended you register for your course and check that you are eligible for an Electronic Travel Authorization at least two months before your course begins. This way, if you are not eligible for the eTA you still have time to apply for a regular visitor visa.

Note: An eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents. Students crossing the border are often asked to provide proof of their registration for the course at unBEATable School of Log Construction. In addition, you may be asked for proof of accommodation and proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay while you are in Canada such as your bank information, credit card or other means of supporting yourself. We suggest you keep this type of information and documents in your carry-on baggage that you are able to easily pull out if you are asked for it.

NOTE: When travelling under an eTA or 'Visitor Visa' you ARE NOT permitted to work in Canada for money or in exchange for goods or services.

Latest News What's Happening at Unbeatable